BJ8 carpet install questions

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8 carpet install questions
From: Bugtop <bugtop@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:22:27 -0700
Hello,
I've got a few questions on the BJ8 carpet install.  Not sure if it
matters, but I' ve got a Moss kit.

1. Do the rear floor carpets under the front seats get cut around the
runners?  My rear seat carpet doesn't have cutouts for the runners,
but I'm assuming you cut the carpet around the seat runners, instead
of bolting the seat runners on top of the carpet.

2. In the rear bulkhead area, does the center drip tray tube run
behind the carpet, or on top of the carpet?

3. In the rear seat area, is the vinyl and foam glued to the metal
surround?  Does it extend to the edge of the rear seat holes with the
foam seal around the edge?  It would seem the foam should be slightly
smaller than the vinyl area in order to get a better seal by gluing
the vinyl to the metal.

3+. Was there carpet underlay between the transmission tunnel and the
carpet, or just the tunnel and the carpet snapped over?

Anyway I'm sure it'll all look fine in the end, but "proper" interior
technique is probably the best route.

Thanks all,

By the way, after two years, the majority of it on blocks, I took it
out for a test drive.  New tires, new suspension, new brakes, new
tranny mounts.  What a visceral feeling it is to drive after the
Honda.  I feel like I'm testing the laws of physics in a new way.
It's also damn loud without the transmission tunnel installed.

Mark Buggy