Re: engine noise - progress at last

To: fmags@cox.net
Subject: Re: engine noise - progress at last
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:57:23 +0800
Frank -

The six cylinder healey motor has an extremely long rocker shaft which is
prone to oil clogs on some of the oulying rocker bushes.  It is a normal
part of driving a healey and more often than not these noisy tappet noises
clear themselves with time.  I wouldn't worry about it until the next
rebuild.  Marvel Mystrey Oil is a good idea... that should help a pit... but
i wouldn't stress about it.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1