RE: Plug wires

To: "'Robert Bender'" <rbender1@berkshire.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Plug wires
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:48:40 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Robert Bender
Sent: 22 October 2006 21:53
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Plug wires

Is there a problem using solid core ( copper) wires with a Pertronix Ignitor
?  I know some electronic ignitions don't play nice with solid core.  Thanks
for your input.

No problem with the copper wires and Pertronix.
The other way round if anything....the carbon(?) core wires don't mix with
the old fashioned Lucas distributor caps.....the screws that hold the leads
into the cap like something solid to screw into. I gather that the carbon
core just breaks up. Never been there, never done it, but it sounds likely
to me.
Simon