BJ8 distributor

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 distributor
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:24:14 +0200
Guys,
thanks for the various reactions to my message about my BJ8 distributor.
In hindsight I shouldn't have put the message up at all, as all
reactions boiled down to the question: what is the price? And exactly
that I still don't know - I know what costs I've had on the unit and
therefore know my minimum price, but prefer to sell it at a maximum
price......  You'll therefore see it appearing on e-bay in about 2
weeks' time - am rather busy at the moment.
A number of fellas advised me to keep the unit on board as a spare, to
which my reaction is that  my daily drivers since the last 10 or 15
years all have electronic ignition, and I don't carry any spares for
those on board - they never failed. I admit  I've had some nasty
problems - I'm driving Citrokn cars and especially their first series of
the XM type had notorious electronic problems, but that was caused by
bad earth connections and by failing of the piston top position  sensor,
causing the engine management computer to stop. But that's history.
Furthermore I can buy a breakdown service certificate which guarantees
me either local repair or, if that's not possible, transport back home
of my BJ8 from any place in Europe for something like 100 US$, so why
carry half a carful of spares?
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432