Wiper Assembly Help needed for BT7

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper Assembly Help needed for BT7
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:31:18 -0400
I have an issue with the wiper arm and the gear that it attaches to are not
a matched set.  The arm is not fully seating onto the drive of the wiper
mechanism and will pop off when bumped.  The arm has a smaller receiver
than the shaft gear.  I noticed in Moss that there is a different arm for
BJ-7, 8 than the BT7.  Really don't expect to use these frequently, but
this is one of those things I constantly deal with when washing the car.

Can anyone help me sort out what I may actually have?  Which one has the
big gear?  Can the wiper be correct and the gear be replaced with one from
a BJ-8?  I would assume that the gear would be fixed to the shaft and
replaced as a complete assembly.  I do not have the car here at work to
inspect.

Regards,

Olin Brimberry
BT7 MKII 15808