BJ8-Fitting Moss Door Panels

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8-Fitting Moss Door Panels
From: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@jcomm.uoregon.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:08:42 -0700
Does anyone have experience with fitting Moss door panels on a BJ8?
The panels are a different shape than the ones I took off, and no
amount of fooling around seems to allow all of the following:
        1. Getting the metal hooked edge at the front fully engaged
        2. Getting the door and window handle holes aligned
        3. Getting the rear edge of the panel to cover all the way to the rear
edge of the door
        4. Getting all (or even most) of the panel clips aligned with their
holes
        5. Getting the top of the panel to fit flush against the bottom of the
door top rail
Any suggestions would be most welcome.  I haven't cut anything yet, but
that seems to be the only solution.  There's just no getting around the
fact the Moss panels seem to be a different shape.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Charlie Frazer
cfrazer@uoregon.edu