Re: The new project just arrived.

To: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The new project just arrived.
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:42:37 -0500
Jody,

Ordinarily I don't set and look at pix of Healeys to be restored.  I found
yours curious and entertaining.  Thanks!

I suggest you keep the GTO parts and get rid of the Healey stuff!!!  Go out and
find the rest of the 69 GTO parts to build a car!!!  :)

Seriously, you seem to have a pretty complete car.  In the pix I did not see
any rust in the usual bad places - door bottoms and fenders and floors.  That's
a good thing.  Also, there were few dents except to the front shroud which are
not hard to straighten.

Also, unknown part in pix 32 is the lock nut for the adjustable steering wheel.
 Slide it over the splines of the steering wheel lying on the ground.

Two words of advice.  Take your time in the resto and do it right even if it
means stretching out the time line and budget.  You won't regret it.  Secondly,
remember it is a hobby and not a life's work.  Wish I had realized more of the
second in my last resto.

Keith Pennell