water and oil pumps

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: water and oil pumps
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:11:42 -0500
Thanks to all who commented on my enquiries about the water pump
rebuild/replacement. I ended up talking with and sending it to Peter
Caldwell at Worldwide Auto Parts, Inc. As you know he rebuilds
Armstrong lever shocks and I trust his work.

While on the subject of pumps, how about the oil pump? I have the
earlier rotor model for my BT7. Can it be rebuilt? Who does that -
Bill Bolton and Joe Curto do not. It is a fairly expensive item to
replace. I am doing a total engine rebuild so if I should replace it
I will, but I obviously don't want to if I don't need to. The car had
about 60,000 on it when it was stored away in the mid seventies. It
sat until now. I am replacing the pressure relief valve and spring.
Thanks for advice!

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye