Cooling fan question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling fan question
From: "Per Schoerner" <healeyguy@bredband.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:25:00 +0100
Hi

I have a yellow plastic cooling fan in my BT7. It has six blades located in
a somewhat asymmetric pattern, I understand that this is for noise
reduction. It was mounted on my engine some 15 years ago in the U.S., when
it was restored. It has hardly been driven since then. The screw holes in
the fan hub are slotted, I assume this is done so it will fit a wide range
of engines. I can take a picture of it and send to John Sims, if there is no
one that recognizes the fan from my description.

I've noticed that the blades on this fan are quite flexible. Much more
flexible than the blades on the fan in my BMW 525, which also is made of
plastic but have five blades. It's from 1975, so it is also belt driven.

The question is, should I worry about this flexibility? My fear is that it
might hit the radiator when the engine is revved. I have a spare BMW fan
that I think I can modify to suit the Healey.

BTW. Is this yellow fan a Texas Kooler? Is there a picture of the Texas
Kooler somewhere?

Best regards, Per