Re: annodizing cockpit trim

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: annodizing cockpit trim
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:59:18 -0500
Allen,

Here are a couple of copy and pastes from earlier discussions on the
subject.  Please let the list know how you made out.  I am very close to
the time when I will need this done also and am not really keen on
sending them out of the country.

Charlie Baldwin
'62 BT7
York, PA

If there is any interest in a stateside anodizer, who is really excellent, and
very reasonable, I used "Technodics" here in RI.
They do only anodizing, and can provide any range of various anodize colors
including many gradients of clear. --He matched the new anodizing directly to
the color and finish of the originals, and it is perfect.
I had previously had all of the anodize pieces stripped and buffed....and he
was concerned that they needed a finer buff, -had them re-done by his own
subcontractor, and charged me nothing.
He did the grille teeth and the cockpit molding on my car, and they are
flawless.
They were really psyched, and insisted that I come by, when the car was
finished. -You have to love car enthusiasts.
Great service, good prices. Terrific quality, no connection other than
satisfied customer.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA

Hello all,
I am not aware of any U.S. address for Holly's Anodizing. I believe Doug
Flagg may be confusing these people with Cambridge Custom Chrome, who I have
also used, and who do have a U.S. address. However, Cambridge does not do
this anodizing process.

Last time I got a 4 piece set of Hundred cockpit rails reworked, buffed and
anodized was about 3 months ago and the price was about $420.00 Canadian
(approx. $360.00 U.S.) best to contact them directly and ask. They may very
well have U.S. customer arrangements.

To answer your question re border issues, there shouldn't be a problem
sending something declared as "used item applicable to antique car (state
year) for repair and return".

Rich Chrysler