Re: Healey parts, postage from US to Aus

To: <Ian.Harrison@csiro.au>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey parts, postage from US to Aus
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:17:16 -0600
United States Postal Service range from a little over $20 for slow boat to
$77.00 for global express guranteed.  I have never used UPS for
international (and generally don't use them at all, but that is a personal
thing) but domestically at least for larger packages over a few pounds they
are usually competitive or even cheaper the USPS.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10013&MailType=package&Pounds=5&Ounces=0

I would suspect your high rate has more to do with the vendor than the
chosen shipper, if you got it off of e-bay, a growing trend seems to be some
vendors using shipping and "handling" as a means of squeaking out additional
dollars.

But it would not hurt to ask the seller if there are more economical means
to transport the wheel.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1