Horns Again

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Horns Again
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:13:56 -0500
I managed to get the "cheese head" screws out of my Bt7 horns
and am attempting to get some sound  out of the first one.

I have my ammeter in line with a switch and my car battery per Norm Nocks
manual information.  This is all sitting on my bench so connections are good
etc. etc.

The interior of the horn is clean for 46 years of being closed up.    So I
just brushed a little bit of debris away and GENTLY ran some fine paper
between the points to clean them up and cleaned the surface of the electro
magnet up with some fine scotch brite.  I don't see a whole lot more to do in
that area.  All the solder joints look ok.

I  put all the covers back on  with the old screws for now,  connected
everything to the battery and started to tweak the adjusting screw a little at
a time.   I tweaked the screw out and all the way in.
Not a toot, tweet or a honk.   NOTHING.    And no movement on the ammeter.

 Where is a good initial starting point for the adjusting screw?

Can anything else be done to the points, magnet, etc. ?

There is a nut and stud going through the horn face plate that I have not
touched yet.  Is this any type of an adjuster or should I leave that along?

Sorry to be so annul about these horns.   I hate to just pitch them unless
there's no hope left.

Mark