Re: tires for BN2

To: insptwo@msn.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires for BN2
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 19:06:56 EST
Richard:
I'll second that.I bought Gillettes from Hendrix also and  am extremely
pleased with the look and performance of them. (As usual, no  financial
interest BLAH, BLAH).
Bill
BJ7

>Hi  Richard,
>
>I replaced a set of Michelin tires with the Gillettes.  The Gillettes
>have pretty good tread pattern & the rubber is fairly  sticky with  a
>durometer hardness of around 65.  All in all,  very good wet or dry
>traction with a reasonably long life  expectency.  The tread itself is
>a little wider than many of the  165-15's that are available. When
>these wear out I will replace them  with the same.
>
>Regards,
>Dave  Russell
>BN2
>
>Richard Korn wrote:
> > HI,
>  >
> > I need to get a new set of tires and will be mounting them  on new
> > Dunlop 48 spokes.I4m keeping my original Roadspeeds on the  original
> > wheels. Hendrix recommended Gillette 165x154s that he  sells as
> > great on the road and for the look over the Kumho or  Vredestein.
> > Does any one have experience with the  Gillettes?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Richard  BN2

OK Richard, here is the deal, if Alan recommends a tire you need to  listen.
I have put several sets of different tires on different  models.  ALL
recommended for the car by Alan.  Each one has been  perfect for that car.  I
ask him
about a tire for my BN2 and he recommended  Gillette.  I bought them and I
like them very much.  Yes Jack, I also  have a set of Vredestein and I like
them
for the larger Healey.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua