Re: Selling My BJ8

To: smithn00@kitepilot.net
Subject: Re: Selling My BJ8
From: dracmarine@aol.com
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:59:29 -0500
FYI, shipping a car is a bit complicated so you need to deal with a freight
forwarder in the USA who understands what documents are required to export and
how to set the car up for shipment to be acceptable to the carrier (No fuel, no
misc loose parts, battery disconnected, Original title or proof of current
owner and future owner, etc.). I recommend he use a dedicated container,
secured carefully inside and not a RoRo ship.  Conversely the importer in the
land of Oz needs a competent import Customs broker to do the entry, pay taxes
and duties, etc...Wiring of funds is generally safe but be sure the recipient
bank (your bank) acknowledges it and clears it accordingly and it is a
non-reversible or non-cancellable transaction.

Frankly, our cars are cheap in foreign currency terms and I am surprised more
of them aren't going offshore...

Good luck,

Richard of KY/CA
BN7