RE: compression Ratios

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: compression Ratios
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:53:43 -0800 (PST)
It's also the head material, aluminium on the Porsche and cast iron on the
Healey. I believe aluminium conducts the heat away better than cast iron.
Mike Brooks
'56 BN2
Milano
Italy

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:58:22 +1300
From:
"Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Subject: RE: compression
Ratios

Paul,
My guess would be a combination of combustion chamber design and
electronic controls. Basically the ignition is retarded at times when
the full
induction charge would normally result in detonation i.e. full
throttle at low
RPM and then is advanced when the induction efficiency
drops off.

Michael
In
New Zealand