reply to question from Norman Nock

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: reply to question from Norman Nock
From: Hartangus@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:57:35 EDT
Hi Norman,
                I raced a formula 2 Lotus 35 with a 4 cylinder BRM engine in
1964 for the  Peter Sellers racing
                team.This engine was one of very few made and was intended
for Jim Clarks  formula 2 Lotus
                but due to supply problems at BRM and my threat to cancell
the order for the  Lotus if the
                delivery date was not met the engine was put in my car.The
engine was not a  success and
                 could not hold a candle to the Cosworth.

Regards ,

         Barrie from England
PS. Nice to hear the co.called THE BRM which was the way it was referred to
by all who worked there
       and all who lived in and around  Bourne