RE: wheel hub stub-dust cap

To: "'Bill'" <wjpollock@erols.com>, "'list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wheel hub stub-dust cap
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:15:23 -0400
Hi Bill,
Could be the vendor is doing you a favor there.
The original pre '65 splined hubs were very thin at the bottom of the KO
threads and the loads which can be generated with modern tires make the
situation even worse. I found this out the hard way  :-(
I'm not sure what dimension the vendor has used but you may find that the
caps from a late BJ8 fit...although come to think of it the OD of the
bearing may be a little large for that.
BTW I have pulled off many a front hub which had no cap at all and the
bearings seemed to be just fine..
No cap may be the lesser of two weevils...

Michael Salter
100S (1955)
3000 Mk111(1965)
100 (1953)