Re: 100-4 brakes - check me on this

To: Fiat500f@aol.com
Subject: Re: 100-4 brakes - check me on this
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:39:56 +0800
Paul -

This is essentially normal for all drum brakes.  I would suggest backing it
off the adjustors until you get easy free movement... slight touching on one
part of the drum should be ok.

I can't remember offhand, but I think the rear brake shoes on the 100 are
floating anyway, which means you would expect them to touch the drum at some
point.

If you can't turn the drum by hand that's no good because if you drive on
the Highway you'll fry your brakes.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1