RE: overdrive jumps out

To: "Norman Nock" <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>,<healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: overdrive jumps out
From: "Frakes, Jim" <jimf@frakes-eng.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 08:38:18 -0400
Tom,

My first Healey was a BJ8 that I bought from So Cal (Hemet and
Riverside). The Overdrive was always slow to kick in after I hit the
dash switch. I did not know any better until I drove someone else's car
and wow, it was quick. It too would sometime jump out, after being hot.
Sometime later, the switch gave out altogether and the replacement
allows the OD to pop right in fast and it never jumps out of OD again.

Jim Frakes