Re: AW: overflow pipes

To: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>, <aon.912808691@aon.at>,
Subject: Re: AW: overflow pipes
From: "bluechip" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:44:28 -0400
I believe the overflow pipes on the manifolds are to drain any residual fuel
from the induction area upon shutdown.
BN1 and BN2 float chamber vents are on top of the float chamber cap, and
will spew fuel onto the exhaust if the float needle sticks open.  Not a good
situation; that is why some folks (including Reinhart and me) add the
overflow pipes from a later car.  This requires a cap without the vent
notches.

Jim Smith