oil filter

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filter
From: "Brian Drab" <brian_drab@infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 18:59:09 -0700
I recently got hold of a Moss oil filter conversion kit for my BJ8.  This
allows me to use a more easily available spin on oil filter rather than the
original style filter.  The problem I now face is that with the
instructions, it lists 2 types of filters to use. I have my choice of either
a Wix or a K&N however  they list the filters with Moss numbers not the
manufacturers numbers. The instructions specify that I should use a filter
with a bypass valve and an anti-drain back valve. The anti-drain back valve,
according to what Ive been able to read, is quite necessary due to the
filter now being in a horizontal position which would cause it to drain
after shut down and, therefore, take a lot longer to achieve full pressure
on start up.

Im sure lots of you use this type of filter arrangement. What I need to
know are the correct filter numbers for the different brands (Fram,
Purolater etc) and if anyone has any recommendations on brands.

Thanks.

Brian

AM