Valve job

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve job
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:53:11 -0700
Hello, Healeyphiles -

Thinking that my BJ8 was in good shape to begin the trip to Conclave at the
end of June, I was very disappointed to find that I have low compression in
two cylinders, 50K miles into an engine rebuild.  Seems that two rockers had
no clearance, either.
I haven't yet pulled the head (waiting for help in lifting it off), but
anticipating a valve job I wanted to ask how many new parts I should plan on
replacing besides the gaskets.  At the engine rebuild, all of the head studs
and nuts were new.  Can I reuse them this time?

All of the valves, guides, springs, etc.  were new, too.  Can I reuse them,
assuming they look O.K.?

I appreciate all advice.  Thanks,

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666