Re: Valve job

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Valve job
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:31:16 +0100
Unfortunately the vast majority of the "modern" day  re-produced crap is
hardly fit for purpose anymore.
During the last twenty odd years that I was building engines I  carried out
a modification to the cam followers, this tended to overcome the problems
encountered.
The metal to-day is no longer top quality steel from Sheffield, and I dare
say that in to-day's political correct madhouse it would be illegal to use
cyanide during the hardening process anyway.
Regards.
David.