Re: ZDDP and our oils / ongoing

To: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: ZDDP and our oils / ongoing
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
John,

Good work.  Interesting and practical findings.

There is no reason why this should be a Healey only
matter.  It looks like the old car world has woken up
to the moving oil co Zn standards and that the cam
follower/high wear surface probelems are emerging all
around the old engine world - US and Euro.

I think this is ging to be a very long and valuable
[$$$] thread .....

I have just started my rebuilt BJ8 on castrol GTX -
maybe 30 mins run time.  But I am not going to run the
first 500 miles on it. I an very convinvced that I
need an oil with an appropriate level of Zn/about
0.1%/1000ppm.  I am not up for another rebuild within
10k miles.

Question we all want to know now is which is the best
oil to use that meets the required additive spec for
the older engine designs.  It seems from discussions
thus far that about 1000ppm is the historical/min
required to avoid wear, but such a level is now
defined as a cat killer and is therefore being reduced
dramatically in oils used for modern [post '70]
engines.

I will be watching and reading ....

Best, Robert.

Best, Robert.

http://corporate.lubrizol.com/PressRoom/MediaCoverage/pdflibrary/LNG_ZDDP.pd

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php?topic=97921.0

> John Sims, BN6
> Aberdeen, NJ
>
> www.healey6.com

                        Robert - Yellow 65BJ8
rnbmail@yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

  If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
sender asap - Thank You.

 sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222