60 spoke wheels on a 100-6

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 60 spoke wheels on a 100-6
From: Rick Swain and Wendy Grant <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:55:18 -0300
I know that 60 spoke Dunlop wheels cannot be fitted to a 100-6
because the inner spokes of the front wheels will hit the brake
drums. However a spacer (perhaps as little as 1/16") can apparently
be made up which fits against the taper on the hub and moves the
wheel out just enough for clearance.

Has anybody done this? Do you have the specs for the spacer? Any help
greatly appreciated.

I know that 60 spoke Daytons can be provided with enough offset to
clear the drums but I'm interested in Dunlops.

Thanks

Rick Swain
'59 BN4