Re: Broken Engine - 100 - tips

To: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Subject: Re: Broken Engine - 100 - tips
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:19:26 +0800
Michael, et. al.,

Come to think of it, do you suppose the O ring-cam sprocket chain tensioner
has failed on the car?  The car seems to make the most knocking noises at
idle... checked the water pump and it is very tight so ... maybe the
tensioner has gone kaput and the chain is flopping around?

I don't seem to notice the noise so much except at idle....

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8