FACET/Bendix pump

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: FACET/Bendix pump
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:59:53 +0800
Thought you'd all like to know I put in a new Facet (Bendix style) fuel pump
in the BJ8 last night. I special ordered it from NAPA (my brother brought it
to Hong Kong in his luggage). It is the low pressure version of the pump,
which pumps at the same pressure as the old SU.

The pump develops strong head and can push alot of fuel if needed (3x the SU
rate), but keeps low SU type pressure so doesn't cause the floats to
overflow. Very good pump in the HK hills, and very quiet.

NAPA Part # BK 6101075 (FACET FEP 60SV see
http://www.facet-purolator.com/mcl/media/technology/hd_pdfs/Gold-Flo_sheet.pdf
 )

Fits right in , although I fashioned a little mount for it using a 2-1/2" T
bracket from the local hardware store, as this just makes it more stable.

Thought you'd like to know.

--
Alan

'52 A90