Re: Timing mark

To: Sam DeSalvo <sdesalvo@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Timing mark
From: Dave & M <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:19:40 -0600
Hi Sam,

Easiest would be to extend the arrow to the edge of the pulley. Then
put a new mark on the outer edge of the pulley that is in line with
the inner edge pulley dot. White paint works well.

If you wish to go further you can put additional timing marks on the
pulley circumference with a small file. Fill the slots with white
paint. Each 10 degrees advance would be about .465" further clockwise
as viewed from the front.

A small pointer that is in line with the embossed arrow, but at 90
degrees to the cover, can be epoxied to the cover.

I have attached a pic of the marked pulley.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2

Sam DeSalvo wrote:
 > Help! I am trying to time my BN1 but can't see the timing arrow in
 > such a
way as to
 > line it up with the mark on the pulley. The arrow can only be
 > viewed
from a
 > side angle which makes it impossible to know when it aligns with
 > the
pulley
 > mark. How do you deal with timing? Thanks in advance for any help
anyone can
 > give. Sam

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of BN1
Timing Marks.jpg]