Re:Bagging

To: jerry adams <cjerryadams@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re:Bagging
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Jerry,

Thanks for the thoughtful email.

Fully agree - Reid does a great job - let's get on
with preserving that by getting all mags in clean
condition upon arrival - in spite of the USPO.

Based on your number, $1.57 is a bargain.  I am ok
with that, and I am ok with $5, but others seem to
value one gallon of gas more then a clean undamaged
set of mags.

I am sorry that this crucial matter has turned into
such a political football.

Beth, hope you are reading along with us here.

Best, Robert.

--- jerry adams <cjerryadams@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Robert,
>
>   Reid probably has that information but the one you
> should ask is Mike Schneider the membership person.
> However I counted the members listed in the 2006
> Membership Directory this last weekend.  There are
> 3820 members listed.  Beth Lunney the
> Publisher/Printer will print more than that, for
> replacement copies, samples and exchanges the Club
> is involved in.
>   The $6000 mentioned by Reid and others is an old
> number and has probably increased.  The Club
> delegates, when they hear that figure probably go
> into sticker shock.  I do the same thing here at
> work, when I am asked to price the cost of a project
> that I think is not necessary, I state a cost (may
> or may not be excessive) and not break down the
> numbers it then kind of dies on the vine.  However
> when I want a project to go then the cost is broken
> down to cost per unit, the benefit is stressed and I
> have the money to spend.  The break down for 3820
> members and $6000 cost is $1.57 per member per year.
>  A modest increase in dues would cover this cost.
> Someone mentioned on the list a $5.00 increase would
> cover this cost, a $2.00 increase would do.  Someone
> on the list said that he would not pay a $5.00
> increase so maybe a $2.00 increase would be OK.
>   Reid does a great job on the magazine.  He has
> increased the content and quality and it's a shame
> that some of us don't get what we are paying for.  I
> had five issues in 2005, six issues in 2006 and two
> issues so for this year that have had some damage.
> One issue in 2005 had the cover half torn off.  I
> have complained to the local post office but they
> say that they don't have any automated equipment and
> they will 'report' the problem and that the magazine
> should be put in an envelope.
>   I am sure Beth delivers the magazines to the
> nearest post office, the magazine says postage paid
> @ Charlotte, NC and the magazine starts the
> automated sorting process there.  They then go to
> other sorting/distribution centers around the
> country through more automated equipment until some
> of us get a very beat up magazine.
>   Bottom line, because of the automated sorting
> equipment in some of the distribution centers  that
> is causing most of the problem, bagging the magazine
> is best option even if cost the members a little
> more in dues.
>
>   Jerry

> Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam
> protection
> in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                        Robert
  Yellow 65BJ8
rnbmail@yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

  If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
sender asap - Thank You.