Help needed

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help needed
From: "Brian Drab" <brian_drab@infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 11:53:55 -0700
I have a question for the list. I am in the process of changing my 67 BJ8
rear end. I have been under the car and working down thru the rear seat
holes.  Ive noticed that my car has two unusual brackets on it which I
assumed were stock but  now believe they are an add on.  From the bottom
side of the frame rails under the trunk, on each side, a piece of flat iron
about 2 inches wide by about 3/16 inch thick has  been  welded. These pieces
are angled forward  about 45 degrees then bent up and bolted to the back
wall of the rear trunk or boot.  These pieces are bent in such a manner that
they meet forming a triangle about 10 inches from the bottom of the trunk.
At that point, they are over lapped and bolted with one single large bolt to
the rear wall of the trunk or boot. The job is well done  and the welding
looks professional. They have obviously been there for years. My question
is, what could they possibly be for???  The frame is solid as is the body.

I have queried those in the know in my neighbourhood but no one knows what
they are or what they are for.

If it helps, the car spent its life in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area
before I acquired it.

Thanks,  Brian

10:47 AM