bj8 windshield assembly

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: bj8 windshield assembly
From: "George Haywood" <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:17:32 -0400
Oh experienced ones,

It's time to reassemble the windshield on our 65 bj8 with new gaskets and
packing pieces, etc.  Does anyone have a step-by-step procedure for
accomplishing this correctly and preventing the glass from cracking?
Pictures would be nice if there are any.  I completely disassembled the
frame for chroming and it has been riveted back together.  A new windshield
glass is in the box waiting to be installed also.  It's a matter of
assembling the frame pieces around the windshield with the gaskets in the
proper place and then attaching the side plates and then placing it on the
car with the shims.  I do remember how the shims went (one on each side
support) but I lost my pictures of the disassembly order sometime ago.

Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated as I do not want to be
picking bugs from my wife's teeth all the way to Conclave from North
Carolina.

Thanks,

George Haywood
'65 bj8