speedometer angle drive

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: speedometer angle drive
From: "T W" <ah3000me@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:41:53 -0400
My speedometer on my 67 3000 quit working today.  After crawling under
the car, I found what appears to be a small cover  about the size of a
U.S. nickel and a gear with a helical gear on one end and a square
shaft on the other.  Both pieces were on the frame under the angle
drive, so 'm guess that both came out of the angle drive.

It looks like I just need to get this gear back into the angle drive
and the cover put back on.   Or would I have left more pieces out on
the road somewhere?   I'd greatly appreciate any advice on putting my
angle drive back together.

thanks for any advice,

Tom