[Healeys] Mounting driving lights

To: "Healey Mail Group" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Mounting driving lights
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:02:57 -0700
I would like to mount a set of Lucas driving lights.  Certainly I could add
a badge bar and mount them to that, but I would really like to be able to
remove the bumper periodically and keep the lights.  So, I would like to
know if anyone has experience with a mounting scheme that is independent of
the bumper assembly, allowing the lights to remain in place with or without
the bumper.  Without making holes in the front shroud (which I do not want
to do), it seems that either a bracket would have to come up from below the
bottom lip of the shoud and through the gap between the shroud and the
bumper apron, or come through the grille.  Anybody ever designed such a
mounting system?  I'd appreciate any advice, suggestions, or plans or
drawings.

Thanks.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7