Re: [Healeys] Conclave 2007

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Conclave 2007
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 04:38:45 -0700
We just returned home from Conclave after 2,055 miles of completely
trouble-free Healeying through some really beautiful country.  This was
definitely the best Conclave that we have ever attended, for the scenery and
the variety of interesting activities.  Congratulations to Piggy and his New
England crew for a great job very well-done.  The car show venue at
Shelburne Museum was a great place for the event, and the dinner cruise on
Lake Champlain was something special!  It was good to put a few faces to
Healey list names also.

George Haywood (who couldn't drive his recently-restored BJ8 due to finding
water in the oil only three days before departure) navigated for me and we
placed fifth in the fun rally, which was a complete surprise after we missed
a whole page of clues due to the sneaky reference in the directions to
Barrenboro (actually Starkboro).  Apparently, there were a lot of others who
were faked out by that, too.

Congrats to the Atlanta club for racking up all the awards.  It never ceases
to amaze me how Lou and Pat Ballard can always take first place in a
spotless, immaculate BJ7 as much as they drive that car.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry