Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations? Yokohama

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations? Yokohama
From: John May <jdmay@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:05:40 -0400
I have 185/70-15 Yokohama A321's on my BJ8, and I cannot count the
number of comments and inquiries I received at Conclave about them.
"Whata we gonna do?" tire conversations were common at Conclave. These
are great tires. The only problem is that I bought them 7 years ago at
the end of the run.  This means that even though they still look new
(yes we drove 2700 miles round trip to Vermont), in 3 more years they
will have to go.  Since this is the perfect tire for not only big
Healeys, but also Porsche 356's (personal experience), and since the
last ones they produced are nearing end of life, I wonder if an appeal
to Yokohama with enough enthusiast numbers could produce another limited
run.  I will be happy to coordinate communication.  All those interested
please respond, and put "Yokohama" in the subject line, so I can filter
them all together.  I have no financial interest, etc, I just wonder if
the numbers would support a limited run.
John May