Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations - 5 Vredestein Sprint Classic

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations - 5 Vredestein Sprint Classic
From: Ted <jaguar1966@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 22:37:24 -0400
If anyone is interested in 5 Vredestein Sprint Classic H-rated 185/82 - 15s
for their Healey, read on.

These Vreds will run well on any Healey or Jag for someone wanting H-rated
tires.  The 185-15s work well on 4.5 to 6" rims.  The tires have an 82
aspect ratio (correct for our cars) and are H-rated Vredestein Sprint
Classic tires.  They were manufactured in 2006 and are for sale @ $110 each
x 5 = $550. S/h is around $20-25 per pair in the U.S.

Allen Hendrix is quoting them @ $179.95
Rim Width 5" to 6" 185/80x15
Vredestein Sprint Steel (H-Rated)  (looks like Dunlop ER70 for Jag) $179.95

My tire dealer and I have this extra set because one customer couldn't wait
the 4-6 weeks we said it would take to get the tires.  If one doesn't order
by the truckload, classic Vreds are special order.  So we have these 5
tiresfrom last year.

See below links for Vredestein classic tires:

http://www.vredestein.com/Banden_Bandtypes.asp?UsersessionID=73&BandgroepID=5&BandtypeID=17

Ask Healey and Jag people, and do some web searching, especially in Europe,
and I think you'll find there every much the equal of a top notch Pirelli,
Michelins, or Continentals.  They right and perform up to racing and safety
standards.

Contact me off line if interested,

Ted
State College, PA