Re: [Healeys] emergency Fuel Pump

To: Editorgary@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] emergency Fuel Pump
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:03:37 EDT
Last year at Conclave Chuck and Edie had a fuel pump failure on the rally  in
their BJ8. Luckily it was at the Ice Cream Store so plenty of people were on
hand to help with parts and we came up with a unique solution offered by  Lou
Ballard.

We disconnected the fuel line to the carb. Connected it to a NAPA fuel  pump.
Ran a new length of rubber hose from the pump to the carbs and wired the
pump to the fuse box for power. All that was required for this emergency
repair
beside the pump were a short length of fuel line and some  wire and ends to
fit the fuse block.

It was an easy emergency repair that worked well. They were able to make it
back to the hotel and even won the rally.

I always run dual fuel pumps in my cars and highly recommend it but in a
emergency I thought this was a great idea. A lot easier than jacking up the car

and changing fuel pumps.

Thanks,
Jim Werner
Louisville, KY