[Healeys] Exhaust Gasket Problems - Moss Reply

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Exhaust Gasket Problems - Moss Reply
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:34:09 +0000
Folks,

After my latest gasket blow-out, I sent an email to Moss Motors tech
support.  Michael Grant was kind enough to reply.  Following is the email
exchange I had with Michael regarding problems with these gaskets (or
installation).   Other Listers have indicated problems similar to mine.

Michael agreed to let me forward his replies--with useful info--to the
List.  Michael has also indicated interest in others' experiences, good
or bad.  His email is: moss.tech@mossmotors.com

Note I have followed Norman Nock's advice and "touched up" the
downpipe flanges.  It's possible I have warped manifold flanges, but
the gaskets do hold for up to 10K miles; I'm all but convinced the nuts
just have to be torqued regularly.

bs