Re: [Healeys] Quality Control

To: quenty@ntelos.net, moss.tech@mossmotors.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quality Control
From: "andy pole" <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:27:32 +0000
Dave

Just for info, 3 guys from probably the best known UK healey parts supplier
have left due to their distaste at parts being sourced from Asia that are
being made inferior, mainly down to making that 'extra profit'. They have
basically sent up a new business that is focused on supplying quality parts
mostly made in England.
Only reason I am commeting is that their sales director gave me a tour last
week and spent a couple of hours explaining and showing me things they were
having manufactured ie the rubber gearstick gaiter that is thicker and will
not warp with the heat and even has the mowog name on it, and boot hinges
that sit flat and not have loads of sidewards play on the hinge / good
quality chroming, seat foam that is 20% softer etc.
Anway I was impressed, and will do business with them, as is the guy
currently repairing my chassis/ body. I have no financial interest. I quess
they will probably supply to some of the USA outfits.Their website points
out their commitment to quality:
http://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/index.htm

again I am only a future customer, but feel this is relevant due to your
posting and others on the list discussing seat foam etc.....make your own
minds up!
Andy