Re: [Healeys] High rpm's plus COOLING UPDATE

To: "Richard Hosmer" <rahosmer@citlink.net>, "M Lempert"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] High rpm's plus COOLING UPDATE
From: "bluechip" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:30:20 -0400
Richard:  What you say has merit, in fact I spent some hours with an excel
spreadsheet to sort out the BN1 racer's gearing, OD ratios, tires, and
various racetracks.  (FWIW, I settled on 3.9 diff, 22% OD with Hoosiers or
Dunlops as best combination for most tracks).   Time well spent, but I'd
still spring for a GPS for a final check.  It reads instantaneous MPH....

Jim

PS: to me the best combo for my road-going Healey is a 3.54 diff, 28%OD,
175-15 tires.