[Healeys] distributor wear

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] distributor wear
From: RAntal243@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:23:50 EDT
Hi All,
     In the twenty five years that I've owned my BJ8,  I've driven 125k
miles. The speedometer indicated 48k when I bought it in 1982.  I've never done
anything with the distributor. Over the past few years i've  noticed a
gradually
worsening low speed miss which usually clears up when over  2000 rpm.
Correcting this has defied all attempts. The distributor has an  electronic
ignition
(not Pertronix). Could the low speed miss be due to some  failiure of the
distributor and should I have it rebuilt? It has at least 170k  miles on it
now.
Thanks for any assistance.
Rich Antal