Re: [Healeys] Gasket sealants

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gasket sealants
From: tfsbj7@mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:54:43 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I used to use Permatex sealants,   Their black gooey #2 gasket sealer served
many automotive and plumbing applications.   However, once I was exposed to
Hylomar I switched.  I think Permatex bought Hylomar and now it is part of the
Permatex line.   Anyway, I use Hylomar for just about everything.  It is easy
to apply, easy to clean up, and works under all the temps under the car hood
except for exhaust.   On the exhaust system I use one of the copper colored
sealants.  The only other sealant I use around the garage and house is the
teflon impregnated stuff that I use on potable water fixtures.... other than
those two exceptions, I choose Hylomar.   My local NAPA dealer has it on his
shelf.

-skip-