[Healeys] New Timing cover on BN2

To: Keith Clapham <keithclapham@btinternet.com>
Subject: [Healeys] New Timing cover on BN2
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
Keith,

Many thanks for sorting me out with the timing cover for the 100
earlier this year. As you know this was exchanged for a modified one that I
received from Dennis Welch. I fitted it a couple of weeks ago. After a 120
mile trip last weekend - no leaks!! Thanks also to the others who offered to
help. BTW when I got the old cover off I could see the reason for the leak.
Some time in the past the chain had broken and torn through the cover. The
cover had then been crudely welded but the felt seal was then way off centre
on the crankshaft. In any case the modern lip seal is a much better job.

Mike
Brooks
'56 BN2
Milan, Italy