Re: [Healeys] BN6 door seal clips - how many?

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>, <ecsaustralia@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN6 door seal clips - how many?
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:05:44 -0400
Bill,

There are no door seal clips used on Healeys. For many years the poor crap
we had to use for door seals had an aluminum core that had to be carefully
crimped on over steel barbed clips to try to keep it from falling off the
door opening edge. That may be what is misleading you. However, originally
the door seals had a steel barbed core that pressed on and stayed there
unill it rotted off!
Today, we have the option  of buying MacGregor's "Bristleflex" door seals
http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com   that press onto the steel doorway and
the alloy threshold edges and lock in place beautifully. They can even be
pulled off (with effort) and reinstalled if necesary. The rubber cross
section actually is different than original, but the overall look is the
same and they work very well. They come in a choice of original colours,
black, red, blue, plus a few non original colours.
No connection, just a happy customer.

Hope this helps.
Rich Chrysler