[Healeys] Dieseling problem

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Dieseling problem
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:13:23 +0200
Thanks to the eleven listers who came up with answers and/or suggestions
to my problem with a dieseling engine. Generally speaking the low octane
fuel seems to be the culprit. Unfortunately one can only buy two grades
in this country: the 'normal' grade which is 95 octane and the 'super'
grade which is 98 octane.
Also very unfortunate is the fact that I have to pay seven dollars
ninety three (Yes: $ 7.93!)  for every US Gallon of this 98 octane fuel.
And if you would know what the restoration of my BJ8 did cost.....
Why has no-one invented a car engine running on tap water yet?
Regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432