[Healeys] 407ETR-Non Healey Content

To: "Bob Brown" <BlkBt7@aol.com>, "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 407ETR-Non Healey Content
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:23:41 -0400
The 407ETR is Ontario's worst joke. It was built by the province a few years
ago out of sheer necessity. Then a new party took office and in a so called
cost cutting move, sold it to a private enterprise. Then the rated were
promptly jacked up beyond belief, so that now, most of us avoid using it.
Sometimes it is probably worth the ridiculous fees to get through the city
depending on the urgency of the situation. Businesses use it, as they can
write off the expense.
Bottom line, I rarely use the 407, and plan my times when I have to get
through Toronto taking alternate routes.

I recommend you pay it, because even though privately owned, the police
enforce things anyway, and if you come through here in a couple of years
with a two year old ETR debt owing, and are stopped.....

You can usually cruise right through Toronto on the 401 mid day, avoiding
rush our traffic like any other metropolitan centre.

Rich Chrysler