[Healeys] Healey Tid-bits

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Tid-bits
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:10:41 -0700
Periodically, tid-bits show up in print regarding "Our Father, who art in
heaven, Healey be his name...".  (No sacrilege intended)

AutoWeek magazine is celebrating 50 years of publication. Originally it was
named Competition Press.  In its recollection of CP in the year 1960 (AutoWeek
Issue: August 13, 2007), it reports that CP included, "...To have the bucks:
>From Donald Healey's personal collection is an ad for a 1954 Ferrari Grand
Prix car for $5,250 and a Mercedes-Benz Type 540K with supercharger for
$4,750...".

The following is from an insert in our local newspaper.  This weekend, the IRL
will be racing at Infineon Raceway.  Infineon has a Wall of Fame.  Joe W.
Huffaker will be recognized for his achievements by being inducted into the
raceway Wall of Fame on Sunday.  In a side bar under the heading, "Some of
Huffaker's other achievements include:"  is listed, "..Building the
Huffaker-Healey, a common sight on tracks in Northern California in the
1950s..." and "...Extensive work with Jaguar, MG Midget, MGB, Triumph and
Jensen-Healey (13 S.C.C.A. National Championships)...".

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031