Re: [Healeys] Trunnion Needle Thrust Bearings

To: alanb@nfahc.co.uk, bspidell@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trunnion Needle Thrust Bearings
From: "richard mayor" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 02:04:12 +0000
Hi Guys:  I've been reading the postings. My question is: I never knew there
was a problem with the trunnion washers and I've been driving big Healeys
for 35 years. I lube the king pins regularly and have never had any problems
- and I was not aware of anyone else having problems. I recall the old adage
"if it aint broke, don't fix it". Am I missing something here?  Does it
really improve the steering input/effort that much? Or are some of us just
getting older and weaker?   Richard Mayor, Portland, Oregon