[Healeys] Engine oil leak

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Engine oil leak
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:56:35 +0200
Friends,
Due to the fact that it has been dry for a couple of days I've been able
to take the Healey out for a couple of rides despite the fact that I
have no top yet. I noticed a few drops of oil on my garage floor. At
first I believed the spin-on oil filter was the culprit but now I've
seen that the oil comes along the washer of the bolt holding the
'inspection doors' on the RH side of the engine.
I vaguely remember this point was mentioned a few years ago on the list,
and one lister had a solution in the form of a special metal/rubber
washer that is normally used in, I believe, a Japanese car - something
like a Subaru. I believe he even mentioned a part number.
I would be very much obliged if I could get that part number, or any
other solution which stops this (tiny) oil leak.
Thanks in advance, as usual.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432