[Healeys] ZDDP in Valvoline Oils

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] ZDDP in Valvoline Oils
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:58:51 -0700 (PDT)
Here is the answer I got from an email sent to Valvoline on ZDDP content
for older flat tappet cam with follower type engines in their Maxlife
Synthetic oils:

"The ZDDP content of the MaxLife Full Synthetic oil is at 800 ppm.  The
consensus in the industry is that the current chemical limits of the
GF-4/SM category are still sufficient to protect all "street" engines,
including older flat tappet foller engines.  The engine tests required for
a GF-4/SM product is just as severe as the older, higher ZDDP allowed
category.  For the special applications (aggressive cams, high HP racing
motors, etc) where the customer needs more ZDDP protection, our NON-GF-4
products still contain the higher levels (such as VR-1 and "not street
legal" racing).  So basically, you can still use the MaxLife products for
this application, but our Valvoline VR1 Racings are the best."

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2